We are back to life after lockdown. And we sailed back from Carriacou to Prickley Bay in Grenada.
A very strange feeling. We were here 3,5 months ago. Outwardly, nothing seemed to have changed – the same shores, the same wind, same boats are rolling by a southeast swell.
But 3 months ago, we were looking forward to expore the Grenadines, preparing for the arrival of our kids. Now, 3 months later, we are looking forward to escape from the Grenada, and our kids are still sitting in Austria and the Emirates.
85 days of lockdown on island with ZERO cases. 85 days of meaninglessness. 85 days permanently eliminated from life. We didn’t sail for 3 months and we nearly forgot how to do it.
Sorry we were not in the mood to share our dailylife during a lockdown. What a pleasure is it to look the life of a prisoner?
But we spent this silly time with a joy and benefits:
- We upload 3 new films “Sailing Around the Americas” to Umadum Sailing Youtube channel – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.
- Edited 2 new films about our South African and Namibian sailing.
- Сame up with and start making 3 new films.
- Made more than 20 new prints for our Etsy Shop.
- YouTube monetized Umadum Sailing channel.
- We shared more than 20 Turkish youghurt starters and thanks to this idea we became friends with many cruisers.
- Planted quite a decent garden with many nice herbs.
- We recall how to catch lobsters.
- Enjoyed really simple things like looking at the water, whatching birds, snorkeling, baking bread, having film nights.
Ok, we didn’t dive into self-improvement. We didn’t feel lonesome. We didn’t invent a new way to live simply life away from entertainment and pleasures. For a long time did it whiout being forced. It was our lifestyle chosen by ourselves.
So, let’s see where we’re able to sail soon.
Umadum happy crew
View to Petite Martinique
Gardening on Umadum
And don’t forget to watch our new film «South Africa. Sailing Wild Coast” tomorrow on YouTube